Feed your mind and soul with this unusual date idea. Taking a cooking class together is not only a fun way to spend time together, but you could also learn something new plus end up with delicious results. If it’s still early days with your date, a class can take some of the pressure off in terms of having to make continuous conversation – and it will also give you a great experience together too.
Find well-trained professional instructors and you can experience every aspect of the wide-ranging world of food. Choose a small, hands-on class and you’ll be able to make the most of the tutor’s expertise, in a more personal and individual environment.
- Check culinary schools for reviews
- Make a reservation
- Book a place on the course you both like. There are so many cooking classes these days that it’s easy to do a search on the internet. However, always check to make sure that they get good reviews or where possible go by personal, trusted recommendations of friends and family.
- If you’re planning this as a gift you can always choose a cookery experience through Virgin Experience Days, Experience Mad, Activity Superstore, and Great Days Out in Ireland. This would make a lovely day for you both to enjoy together. Prices of cookery classes do vary quite a bit so do your research to find something that fits your budget.
- Choose to cook food that you’re both going to like, so check with your date. If they’re a vegetarian for instance, you will want a class that they are obviously going to enjoy.
- Make sure you leave plenty of time to book for you both. They can fill up spaces pretty quickly as cookery classes are a popular choice, so make sure you bear this in mind.
- Dress smart casual, you’re going to be cooking so you don’t want to be too dressed up – aim for a happy medium.
- enjoy the experience – both cooking, learning together and enjoying the product of your day. It’s a really fun way to spend time together – and sample each other’s cooking. The route to many people’s hearts is through their stomach!!