There’s nothing more majestic than a hot air balloon ride. A breath-taking experience as you watch the world below and enjoy the view for miles around. Hot air ballooning really is one of the oldest and most romantic forms of aviation in the world says Virgin Balloon Flights, who claim to have more launch sites (currently over 100) than any other ballooning company in the UK.
So if you want to create an unforgettable date, then this may be just the ticket. Take an airborne adventure together and create memories to last a lifetime. This is a perfect way to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas (weather permitting) and Valentine’s Day. Opt for a Champagne balloon flight to make it that extra special!
- Check your partner is OK with flying and doesn’t mind heights
- Go out in good weather (pretty obvious, we know)!
- Choose a reputable company to fly with
- Wrap up warm (or snuggle up close)
- Take a camera to capture the special moments
- Sun protection (yes you
- Picnic or a few light nibbles if required
- Take a look at the packages available from reputable companies to find the one that suits. You will need to make reservations ahead of time so think about when you’d like to arrange this for. Particularly in summer months balloon trips can prove popular so you may need to book up early.
- The experience lasts for around 3-4 hours. That is from seeing the balloon inflated (you may get a chance to get involved) and the briefing by the pilot to the flight itself (often around one hour). Also there is often a choice of morning, afternoon or evening, so take your pick – maybe you want to take in a sunset or experience the breath-taking landscape during the day.
- Dress for warmth as some hot air balloon rides can be up to 5,000 ft. Also wear comfortable shoes as the experience will start and finish in a field.
- Refreshments are optional and may be available with some packages, so check with your chosen provider to find out. It would definitely be advisable to take something with you – and what could be more perfect that champagne and truffles!
- Don’t forget to take a few photographs as a reminder of your date. However, don’t get too carried away! Remember to enjoy the magnificence of the view all around as you rise smoothly and silently towards the clouds. The only noise is the occasional burst of the burners as you travel where the wind takes you to wonder at the sights so far below.