Vineyard tours are a fantastic way to learn about new wines – perfect for if you both love to cook and pair the perfect wine with your culinary delights! Together you will learn about how wine is made, the processes it goes through before partaking in a small group or private tasting session. Whether you want to go just for the fun of it, or to have a better idea of which wines to choose with food at a restaurant, this is a great opportunity to gain some quality time together and share in the experience.
Follow this up with dinner somewhere special close by (or even at the vineyard if they have a restaurant) and you’ll have a wonderful day out to remember. This date oozes romance and sophistication and is ideal for most times of the year.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Plenty of cash
- Reservation may be necessary
- Book beforehand. Sometimes you can just turn up but better to plan ahead and enquire first. After all, you don’t want to both be excited about the date to find out that there are no spaces left. Take into account that you will want to reserve both the tour and the wine tasting – plus if you’re wanting to follow with a meal, make sure that this can be accommodated to at the appropriate time. Check with the vineyard to find out how long the whole tour will be so that you have enough time.
- Don’t drink too much. Remember if you are having quite a few tastings and then drinking alcohol with a meal that you might be consuming more than you think. Enjoy sampling the wine and then buy a bottle of the wine. This will give you both a nice reminder of your day at another point in time.
- Romantic occasion. Take time to walk through the vineyard together; it’s a great way to spark conversation as there’ll be plenty to talk about and enjoy.
- Transport. You’ll need to ensure that you have transport home too, so maybe a taxi or friend could pick you both up to ensure you get home safely so you’re not over the limit.
Why not take a cheese and wine tasting tour – or how about champagne or real ale. There are a number of variations on the theme.