What could be more romantic than a date at a botanical garden? In the height of the season with so many beautiful flowers, shrubs and other plants out in bloom it’s a delight to see all the colours and test your knowledge of the latin names! There are many botanical gardens in the UK to choose from – not to mention the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew.
You can check on their website, and those of other botanical gardens, what plants are out at the time of year you’re looking to visit. Keep in mind that going in high season can mean that the gardens are very busy. You might want to take a trip in spring or autumn perhaps. Either way, this is an ideal date to spend some quality time together.
- Book tickets
- Check weather
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Take camera
- Drinks and snacks (optional)
- Book tickets at your chosen botancial garden. There are a great many to choose from, so you should be able to find one near to you. It doesn’t have to be the largest botanical garden, but do see if you can find any reviews beforehand to make sure it lives up to expectations.
- Pick a time of year when the weather is more likely to be dry. You don’t want to dampen the date before it even starts! Of couse, you could take a large umbrella and cuddle up on a garden seat if it does take a turn for the worse.
- Dress for comfort. You’re going to be walking around quite a bit so make sure your feet are comfortable. Smart but casual clothing will ensure you look good but are also dressed appropriately for an outdoor date. If you’re visiting during summer, remember to take some sunscreen. It’s easy to get caught off-guard when you’re so focused on the plants, and of course, each other.
- Relax and enjoy. As you meander around the gardens, it gives you plenty of time to chat, take in the beautiful flowers and plants and get to know each other better.